Friday, October 3, 2008

Chess

I used to be a goddam chess genius! My army brother taught me when I was eight and when he returned on leave a year later, I was the best player in the house—shit, I was the best player on the block! So you can imagine my surprise when all the Joe Nobodies who can barely type out sentences on Yahoo chess annihilate me.

You know, I’m starting to think my insidious fucking family let me win all those matches years ago. I’m starting to think that maybe I wasn’t so good after all. I bet if I played them again today, they’d kick my ass. Yeah, that must be it, or it’s all the inhalants I’ve been huffing.

2 comments:

Fire Ninja said...

There is another game that is played on a Chess board. It is called "Checkers." The rules are different, and if you attempt to plat Checkers with people playing Chess, you would get beaten every time. What game are you really playing?

frank said...

I believe, my friend, the game to which you refer goes by the name of Volleyball.