Friday, August 1, 2008

My Poetry

This first poem is called The Expulsion and is an homage to Langston Hughes. I was inspired by a man walking into a supermarket who bought a papaya. The papaya was heavenly and fresh when I bit into it. I am that man.

A part of you,
yet a part of me, as I am a part of you.
Sometimes perhaps you don't want to be a part of me,
but we are one and soon two.
You kissed my face and we fell in love,
then you rotted me from the inside out.
After you're gone
you cause me agonizing pain
when you explode from my chest cavity,
face hugger baby.

The following poem is an untitled snippet of the journal I kept while hiking across the Appalachias attempting to discover nirvana. Many of you have read this as I sometimes use it as an away message, a constant reminder of the fragility of life and the power of ritual animal sacrifice.

A giant bear with funky claws of tender
swipes at my face with beautiful fury.
I ate his child and he's revenging my body,
with pounces of gold.

1 comment:

Fire Ninja said...

You are too high brow for me. I like the pie in your face humor. That's why I have a blog now.